Anna-Extended Edition-How to Get Started
Anna is a horror suspense game based around a man who dreams of a sawmill in the mountains. The dreams haunt him to the point of insanity until he finally gives in to the madness and visits a place that he apparently once was, but has no recollection of being at. If you like scary games, I would recommend this one to you.
I, personally, am not a fan of anything in the horror genre. The last scary movie I saw was spent in the fetal position of the movie chair hidden behind my hands. I’m scared of the dark. I sleep with a nightlight. I only played this game during the day with all of the lights on, only during complete sunshine (cloudy or overcast was a nono) and even then I had to force myself to continue through each door. But the storyline is intriguing and the documents are fascinating so I would be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy it.
I went into the game not know exactly what I was supposed to do and it almost frustrated me so here’s a simple walkthrough of the first part of Anna. This is just to get you started.
When you first start the game, you are by what seems to be a nice little cottage in the mountains. There’s a peaceful brook off to one side, the grass is green, and the sun is out. Don’t get used to it. This was probably the only point during the game that I wasn’t about to pee myself.
- Take a look around, and enjoy the peacefulness
- Go up to the main door and it is locked. If you look at all of the other doors and windows, they are all boarded shut
- I would also like to take this opportunity to go through your journal and read it. It’s a lot of reading, but it gives you the whole backgrounds or the story – or at least as much as you remember
Getting the Gear Pieces
- Look above the door and you’ll see an eyeball. It looks like something is in it
- Look around the yard for a pebble. There’s a few lying around. Click on it to pick it up
- There is also a stick lying in the yard. Pick that up as well
- Go back to the main door and press “I” for inventory on the keyboard
- Click on the rock and then press “I” again if you aren’t can’t already see the eyeball in your screen. Click on the eyeball with the pebble selected and the glass will break.
- Select the stick and the use the stick on the gear piece inside of the eye to get it out
- Out by the gate in the yard, you should see a pile of moveable rocks. Click and hold to move the rock out of the way and retrieve the dirty object lying underneath it
- Walk over to the water and use the dirty object on the water to clean it and get the other gear piece
- Select one of the gear pieces and use it on the other one
- While you’re here, fill the canteen in your inventory with water
Fix the Mechanism
- Head back towards the house towards the stairs and look at the side down at the bottom
- Use your knife on the string holding the doors shut and you’ll get a string in your inventory
- Use the string in your inventory on the gear piece you put together to repair it
- Open the doors and use the stick on the cement to break it
- Light the stick inside of the doors by using the lighter on it
- Use the repaired gear piece on the mechanism to repair it
- Go back to the main door and press to the left of the door to unlock the front door
- Say good bye to the pretty daylight and click on the main door to head inside